1. Learn to never waste my time trying to explain myself, my beliefs, or my choices to people who are committed to misunderstanding me. I don't need to defend or explain myself to the critics, naysayers, and toxic people. Not everyone will align with my energy, values, purpose, choices, or lifestyle.
2. When I find myself walking on eggshells to keep the peace in my family, marriage, job, ministry, business, or friendship…it's time to take my power back.
3. Do not believe the things II tell myself when I'm sad or alone. If I am always tired, hungry, lonely, mad, sad, stuck, scattered, rushed, depressed, or stressed, I will increase the likelihood of giving in to temptation. Be careful of the "what-the-hell attitude." It's a slippery slope that leads to disaster. I will continue growing in wisdom, discernment, and self-control. I got this!
4. My health and peace of mind are very important to me. If a person, a request, task, activity, relationship, or my next decision costs ME my peace, or health… it is too expensive!
5. When I am strong, focused, unstoppable, happy, and successful, not everyone will appreciate, associate, congratulate, or celebrate with me. I will not let them discourage or stop me.
6. Don’t be someone’s downtime, spare-time, part-time, or sometime girl. If they can’t be there for me all of the time, then … they’re not even worth my time. I can’t see my “next” if I am too busy looking at my Ex. My Ex is an EXample of what I don’t want in my next relationship. I deserve better.
7. If someone gets mad at me for setting boundaries … that’s a clear sign of why I need to continue guarding my heart, time, money, and space. My consistent self-care is part of my lifestyle to prevent being spiritually empty, sick, broken, bored, broke, or burned out. My self-care practices are not about vanity … it’s for my sanity and well-being.
To order the "Note to Self" e-book email JewelMotivates@gmail.com
To book the speaker for your event or for one-on-one life coaching, email JewelMotivates@gmail.com or reply to this post.
Thank you for sharing this newsletter text link to at LEAST 3 friends, family, or co-workers!!!!