As we age and mature...we begin to realize how important; faith, family, friends, health, service, and meaning are to our well-being and mental/emotional wellness.
I choose to grow WHOLE...not old...to be better, not bitter...to be active, adaptive, and not apathetic. I choose to give attention and care to; my mind, health, heart, soul, faith, confidence, relationships, self-worth, sense of curiosity and adventure, my professional, spiritual, and personal development, my communication and people skills, healing from past fears, shame and hurt, and my relationship with food and money.
You matter. You can still offer the best of yourself to others. With all the disruptions and changes in life from the pandemic, the aging process, and personal or professional changes in your life... realize how important it is to reskill or upskill your "life toolbox" to survive and thrive in these changing times to be relevant and resilient. I was born for this!
Every Sunday for the past 2 years I have been teaching in my signature zoom room "The Diamond INNERversity", at 3 pm (Pacific). I elucidate issues of self-awareness, resiliency, active learning, self-esteem, faith enrichment, problem solving/courage, tools for healing from trauma, personal growth, how to be happier, and relationship coping skills. https://jewelmotivates.wixsite.com/website/post/diamond-innerversity-enrollment
1. Regulate your thinking. Notice when you are overthinking, overfeeling, overstressing, overeating, overspending, over doing it, or overreacting.
2. Stop putting limits on your life, you are worth everything. There are people less qualified than you, doing things you want to do, simply because they decided to take action, overcome seeking perfectionism, and decided to believe in themselves.
3. Make moves for your best interest and well-being unapologetically.
4. Your diet ins't just what you eat or drink. It's what you watch, read, listen to and who gets your time and energy.
5. Give yourself grace. Celebrate your personal and professional victories. You are amazing!
6. Check people early. Maintain your boundaries. If you let people continue to disrespect you and you let them slide...they will start to slide and skate all over your heart.
7. Be intentional about guarding your mood, mind, money, mouth, and mental wellness.
8. Check where you are holding tension in your body. Let your shoulders drop, unclench your your hands and jaw. Take a deep breath...that's much better. ahhhhhh
9. Don't apologize for how you are feeling when life shifts on you (e.g. loss of a loved one, divorce, loss of a job, family chaos, sudden or long term illness, stress and exhaustion from caregiving, act of violence/abuse, loss of your pet, empty nest, etc. Depression and sadness is not a disease, it's a normal response to abnormal and disturbing circumstances.
10. You can't keep getting mad at people for sucking the life out of you if you keep giving them the straw.
My next Stay in the Light CLUBHOUSE talk will be Wednesday, August 10, at 12:30 Pacific
3:30 pm Eastern
"Thank you Jewel for your beautiful magazine." Ava P. (Georgia)
"Oh, Wow Queen Yaaay...My "You GOAL Girl Magazine" ust arrived Thank You so much. You are creating such a Rich Legacy and making an amazing Impact on this orld. I'm so grateful and thankful to God for You" - Queen Valesha Carter, North Carolina
ATTENTION: Our VIP Sister $owers...look for your August issue in your mail next week!
If anyone would like to receive your own copy in the ail of our August "YOU GOAL GIRL" Magazine...you may use ZELLE or tax-deductible donation of your choice amount at www.WomenOnTheGrow.org (include your mailing address when you make your onation).
To all Sister $owers, remember to submit your message for our September issue ASAP. First come, first included. Any questions, email - JewelMotivates@gmail.com